avoid a bitter cup!
TOWNSHEND'S WHOLESALEAs one of the Northwest’s leading tea suppliers, our mission is to make top-quality, loose leaf tea standard for cafes, coffee shops, restaurants and grocery stores. Thank you for considering Townshend’s fine teas for your business. Interested in wholesale Brew Dr. Kombucha?
Skip below and fill out the wholesale inquiry form.
HOW WE CAN HELPAppreciation for tea has grown wildly in the last decade. The switch from bagged tea to loose is not lost on the customer, and we are confident you’ll be happy with our selection. Let the quality of your tea reflect the rest of your menu. For food service, we are happy to help you decide on the serving method that works most effectively and efficiently for you. We know the switch can seem daunting for your staff, so one of our tea experts will work with you to ensure that brewing a perfect cup of tea is as hassle-free as possible. We can also get you set up with our attractive storage tins as well as proper tea preparation supplies. Lastly, our designer can put the teas you choose to offer into a Tea List for you to use in your establishment, if you like.
WHO SERVES OUR TEA• Coffee shops, cafes, and restaurants
• Yoga studios and spas as a complimentary service
• Retail markets and grocery stores – in bulk as well as in retail tins.
• Herb shops
SOME BUSINESSES THAT RETAIL OUR TEA:Food for Thought Cafe at PSU • Fresh Pot • The Hazel Room • Jackson’s Corner • Le Petite Provence • Pix Patisserie • Prasad • Shandong • Sisters Coffee Company • Whole Foods
WHY LOOSE LEAF? WHY NOT TEA BAGS?The biggest problem with tea bags is not as much the bag itself, but the quality of the tea that goes into it.
• Most tea bags are filled with the shakings that fall to the bottom of the screening process. These do not retain freshness as well as the large leaves, and also tend to get bitter more easily.
• There is no way of knowing how old the tea used in the teabag might be.
• The amount of tea used to fill a teabag is not typically enough for a full-flavored pot of tea.
ABOUT OUR TEA
• We work very closely with many different
tea importers that specialize in different
regions of the world. This allows us to be
discerning in our selection, and to evolve
with the ever-changing market. Our close
relationship to our suppliers also gives us
the confidence that our tea is grown and
processed under acceptable conditions.
• We blend many of our teas ourselves here in Portland. This allows us to customize our blends to our liking and to respond to customer feedback.
• Our tea is always fresh! Our tea is only on our shelves for a couple of months at most, usually quite a bit less. It is stored optimally: airtight, temperaturecontrolled, and away from light.
TOWNSHEND'S BREW DR. KOMBUCHA
Our locally-produced Brew Dr. Kombucha is available throughout the Pacific Northwest in bottles as well as kegs. We sell to grocery stores, coffee shops, restaurants, bars (it makes an amazing mixer!), food carts, yoga studios, and more. For more information on Brew Dr. Kombucha, visit brewdrkombucha.com. To find out if we deliver to your area, to request a pdf of our sales packet, or for any other wholesale-related questions please use the form below.